Dr. Grace Abruzzo PT, DPT, CAPP-OB, CD(DONA), PYT-C
A.T. Still University - Mesa, AZ Graduated August 2014 Doctorate of Physical Therapy
San Diego State University – San Diego, CA Graduated May 2011 Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology, Pre-Physical Therapy Cumulative Cum Laude
· APTA Fundamentals in Pregnancy and Postpartum June 2015
· APTA Pelvic Health Level 1 June 2015
· APTA Advanced Topics in Pregnancy and Postpartum June 2015
· CPTA Annual Conference September 2015
· Clinical Pattern Recognition for Low Back Pain September 2015
· Taking the “Sore Thumb” Out of Manual Therapy September 2015
· Ethics in Women’s and Men’s Health September 2015
· Outpatient Therapy: Coding, Billing, and Payment October 2015
· The Basic Essentials for PT Coding and Compliance October 2015
· Evidence-Based Examination and Treatment of the Pelvis January 2016
· Professional Yoga Therapy Modules 1-8 March 2016
· APTA Pelvic Health Level 2 March 2016
· Sex and Sexuality in Physical Therapy Practice March 2016
· APTA Pelvic Health Level 3 April 2016
· APTA Gynecological Visceral Mobilization June 2016
· Pediatric Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation October 2016
· DONA Certified Birth Doula
· CERTIFICATION OF ACHIEVEMENT IN PREGNANCY AND POSTPARTUM PHYSICAL THERAPY (CAPP-OB) American Physical Therapy Association's CAPP-OB is awarded to physical therapists who have completed a comprehensive education, training, and testing program for management of pregnant and postpartum patients experiencing musculoskeletal dysfunction and high risk pregnancy.
· Awarded the Greater Valley Area Health Education Center Scholarship – Phoenix, AZ 2011
· Inter-Disciplinary Collaboration Case Competition 2012 (3rd Place) – Presented a case analysis on the importance of effective communication, teamwork, and professionalism among healthcare professionals for causalities in medical errors.
Bloom Women’s Physical Therapy January 2016 – October 2017 West Hollywood, CA
· CEO and therapist. In-home women’s physical therapy specializing in treatment of pelvic floor dysfunction, pregnancy and postpartum. Treatment of pelvic floor dysfunction and diagnoses including vulvodynia, vestibulodynia, vaginismus, pelvic organ prolapse, dyssynergia, and bladder and bowel incontinence. Treatment of pediatric pelvic floor dysfunction. Utilizing professional yoga therapy, TRX, Mat Pilates, and manual therapy techniques including visceral mobilization.
California Therapy Services October 2016 – March 2017 Los Angeles, CA
· Home health care for patients with a wide variety of diagnoses including post-operative, geriatric, neurological disease, oncologic, orthopedic. Collaborated with patient’s medical physicians, case manager, nursing staff, primary caregiver and family members.
Kids Therapy Made Simple April – October 2016 Beverly Hills, CA
· Pediatric physical therapy treating children birth to 18 years old for developmental delays, torticollis, gross motor delays. Creator of pediatric pelvic health program treating bladder and bowel dysfunction.
Bebe Physical Therapy / Evolution Physical Therapy January – November 2015 Santa Monica, CA
· Treating orthopedic, sports, and women’s health patient populations, including pre and postpartum. Treating pelvic floor dysfunction including vulvodynia, vestibulodynia, pelvic organ prolapse, and incontinence.
ONR, Inc March 2015 – January 2016 Los Angeles, CA
· Home health care for a patient status-post traumatic brain injury. Collaborated with patient’s medical physicians, case manager, nursing staff, primary caregiver and family members.
Therapy West, Inc., and Play Studio May – July 2014 Venice, CA PT Intern, Pediatric Outpatient
· Treated in public schools, two clinics, and home settings. Worked with children ages: birth - 14 years old. Utilized various swings, bolsters, climbing equipment, school playgrounds, and toys for fun and creative therapy interventions. Administered Peabody (PDMS-2) and Bayley (BSID-III) assessments. Assisted in TWISPP and Two-Step early intervention programs. Developed treatment plans with occupational, speech, and physical therapists. Examined, evaluated, and treated children with diagnoses including Down's Syndrome, Autism Spectrum, Seizure Disorders, Cerebral Palsy, Blindness, Orthopedic Impairments, and general gross motor delay.
Kaufmann Physical Therapy March – May 2014 West Hollywood, CA PT Intern, Orthopedic Outpatient
· Common Diagnoses include orthopedic post-surgical, spinal pathology, and shoulder injuries. Presented an in-service in femoral-acetabular impingement etiology, presentation, and conservative versus surgical intervention. Treating adult, geriatric, and pediatric patients.
Garden Crest Rehabilitation Center January – March 2014 Los Angeles, CA PT Intern, Skilled Nursing Facility
· Collaborated with occupational therapists, nurses, physicians for patient care in skilled nursing facility.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital October – December 2013 San Diego, CA PT Intern, Acute Inpatient
· Completed primarily evaluations in acute departments including ICU, PACU, Ortho, Oncology, and GI. Observed two Total Knee Arthroplasty Surgeries. Presented an in-service in spinal surgeries and related rehabilitation principles.
SWAN Rehabilitation March – May 2013 Phoenix, AZ PT Intern, Neuro Outpatient
· Facilitated physical therapy treatments with patients with neurological diseases including stroke, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease, and spinal cord injury. Utilized skilled bodyweight supported treadmill training, BIG and Loud therapy, suspension harness, and TRX straps.
Cahill Physical Therapy July – August 2012 Beverly Hills, CA PT Intern, Orthopedic Outpatient
· Performed physical therapy techniques utilizing Pilates Reformer® and Gyrotonic®. Treating adult, geriatric, and pediatric patients.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS & ORGANIZATIONS
· American Physical Therapist Association Member, California Chapter Women's Section
· CPR and AED certified
· Certified Ropes Course and Team Building Instructor
· Currently developing a Pre/Postpartum educational course for pelvic floor and physical therapy considerations that will be available to community members.
· Organized and facilitate stroller walking group to encourage exercise for pregnant women and mothers in Los Angeles, CA – August 2015 - January 2017
· Special Olympics Fun Fitness Volunteer – 2012 – 2013, Phoenix, AZ
· Relay for Life Team Member – ATSU 2013
· Posture Police – Providing guidance and assistance to ATSU Dental Students.
· Safe Zone for All Ally – Supporting diversity at the ATSU Mesa campus.